Since the launch of LinkedIn native video in 2017, LinkedIn has confirmed that it’s greater than only a platform for long-form B2B content material.
In one 12 months, LinkedIn video posts generated more than 300 million impressions on the platform. They additionally earn a mean of three times the engagement of textual content posts. Plus, early findings from LinkedIn’s beta program present that LinkedIn native movies are 5 instances extra seemingly than different content material to begin a dialog amongst LinkedIn members.
Impressive engagement stats apart, video advertising has been proven to enhance income throughout social platforms. According to Aberdeen Group, manufacturers that use video advertising develop their income 49 p.c sooner than corporations that don’t.
Ready to get on board but? This information will cowl every little thing you want to learn about LinkedIn video, from the fundamentals on how to use LinkedIn native video, to technical specs.
And when you’re searching for that spark of inspiration, scroll down for a spherical up of examples and concepts.
Bonus: Get the same Foolproof LinkedIn Live Checklist Hootsuite’s social media team uses to ensure flawless live videos—pre, during, and post streaming.
Types of LinkedIn video
It’s still common practice for many brands to upload to a video-hosting platform such as YouTube or Vimeo, and then share the link on LinkedIn. This works, but for many reasons, LinkedIn native videos tend to be a more effective strategy.
LinkedIn native video
“Native video” is video that is uploaded directly to LinkedIn or created on the platform itself.
Unlike embedded videos, LinkedIn native video autoplays in-feed, which is more likely to grab attention. Metrics show that Facebook native videos garner 10 times extra shares than linked movies, a lift that seemingly additionally holds true for LinkedIn native movies.
LinkedIn video adverts
LinkedIn video adverts are sponsored firm movies that seem within the LinkedIn feed. Video advert campaigns have better potential to improve model consciousness, model consideration, and lead technology since they’re usually served to a bigger, extra focused viewers.
Unlike LinkedIn native video, which generally is a most of 10 minutes lengthy, LinkedIn video adverts can run for up to 30 minutes.
Company web page directors can arrange a video advert marketing campaign utilizing Campaign Manager, or elect to sponsor an existing post.
How to use LinkedIn native video
On desktop or cell, sharing LinkedIn native video is just about a three-step course of. Mobile permits you to file and submit in-app and add textual content and stickers, whereas desktop requires a pre-recorded video.
1. From the homepage, click on Share an article, picture, video, or thought.
2. Click the video icon.
3. Upload the video you need to share.
1. Look for the share field (iOS) or submit button (Android) on the high of the feed.
2. Tap the video icon.
3. Record a video within the app, or add one thing you re-recorded.
4. Tap the filters or textual content button.
5. Add filters and/or textual content.
After posting a video you’ll have entry to viewers insights, together with what number of views, likes, and feedback your submit is receiving. You’ll additionally give you the chance to see the highest corporations, titles, and places of viewers. Learn which video metrics matter most.
How to launch a LinkedIn video advert marketing campaign
Here’s a fast information to establishing a LinkedIn video ad marketing campaign:
1. Log in to Campaign Manager to create your marketing campaign.
2. Select Sponsored Content.
3. Name your marketing campaign.
4. Choose your important goal. Options embrace: get web site visits, acquire leads, or get video views.
5. Select video as your advert sort format and click on Next.
6. Click Create new video.
7. Fill out the shape, add your video, and hit Save.
8. After your video has uploaded, choose the video by clicking the checkbox subsequent to it after which hit Next.
9. Choose your audience standards and click on Next.
10. Set up your bid, funds, the period on your marketing campaign, and click on Launch Campaign.
LinkedIn video adverts present richer analytics than LinkedIn native video. Learn extra about LinkedIn video ad analytics right here.
LinkedIn video specs
Plan and cling to these technical specs when creating video for LinkedIn.
These specs differ between commonplace native movies and LinkedIn video adverts, so be certain to pay attention to the distinction.
LinkedIn Native Video Specs
- Minimum video size: Three seconds
- Maximum video size: 10 minutes
- Minimum file dimension: 75KB
- Maximum file dimension: 5 GB
- Orientation: Horizontal or vertical. Note: Vertical movies are cropped right into a sq. within the feed.
- Aspect ratio: 1:2.Four or 2.4:1
- Resolution vary: 256×144 to 4096×2304
- Frame charges: 10 – 60 frames per second
- Bit charges: 192 kbps – 30 Mbps
- File codecs: ASF, AVI, FLV, MPEG-1, MPEG-4, MKV, QuickTime, WebM, H264/AVC, MP4, VP8, VP9, WMV2, and WMV3.
- Formats that aren’t supported embrace: ProRes, MPEG-2, Raw Video, VP6, WMV1as.
LinkedIn Video Ad Specs
- Minimum video size: Three seconds
- Maximum video size: 30 minutes
- Minimum file dimension: 75KB
- Maximum file dimension: 200MB
- Orientation: Only horizontal. Vertical movies should not supported by LinkedIn video adverts.
- Pixel and side ratio:
- 360p (480 x 360; large 640 x 360)
- 480p (640 x 480)
- 720p (960 x 720; large 1280 x 720)
- 1080p (1440 x 1080; large 1920 x 1080)
- File format: MP4
- Frame price: Maximum of 30 frames per second.
- Audio format: AAC or MPEG4
- Audio dimension: Less than 64KHz
Planning to serve your video on greater than on social community? Check out our full information to social media video specs.
11 LinkedIn video finest practices
1. Optimize your setup
Before going into selfie mode and hitting the file button, right here are some things you must think about.
- Lighting: Choose a well-lighted place. Natural gentle is commonly finest, however synthetic gentle can work in a pinch—simply look out for shadows. Also, be certain topics aren’t again lit, in any other case they’ll turn into a silhouette.
- Camera place: No one needs to see up your nostril. Take a take a look at video, and regulate the tripod or add or take away just a few books beneath the digicam setup as wanted.
- Camera: If recording out of your cellphone, use the rear digicam. Most telephones have bigger apertures and supply increased decision from the rear cam. Use a tripod or makeshift mount to maintain the digicam regular.
- Background: Avoid a cluttered or distracting background. Also, when you’re taking pictures in an workplace setting, be certain confidential supplies and different model logos are tucked away. You don’t need to inadvertently endorse one other model in your firm’s behalf.
- Body language: In his analysis, psychologist Albert Mehrabian discovered that 55 p.c of communication is transmitted by physique language. Only seven p.c is given by phrases, and 38 p.c by tone. Maintain a relaxed presence by rehearsing your script. Look immediately on the digicam, smile, and breathe naturally.
2. Aim to seize consideration from the beginning
LinkedIn recommends that movies embrace a hook throughout the first 1-2 seconds.
3. Put important data upfront
Attention that wanes after the primary few seconds will usually drop off after the 10 second mark, LinkedIn research finds. That’s backed up by Facebook findings, which present 65 p.c of people that watch the primary three seconds of a Facebook video will look ahead to a minimum of 10 seconds, whereas solely 45 p.c will look ahead to 30 seconds.
Plan to share your message, or present your viewers what you need them to see, early on. That means you improve the probability of leaving an impression with extra viewers.
4. Design for hold forth
Up to 85 percent of social media movies are performed with no sound. That means most LinkedIn members might be watching your video as if it’s a silent movie. Prepare accordingly by together with descriptive photographs, explanatory infographics, and even expressive physique language.
5. Include closed captions
Even in case your video isn’t speech heavy, closed captioning will make them extra accessible. Plus, since LinkedIn simply added a closed captioning feature, there’s no excuse on your movies to not have subtitles.
To add captions:
- Click the video icon within the share field on desktop and select the video you need to share.
- When the preview reveals up, click on the edit icon on the highest proper to see the video settings after which click on choose file to connect the related SubRip Subtitle file.
6. Vary the shot
A single shot video can get boring, and with viewers dropping off by the second, various the shot is a technique to maintain them engaged. Even when you’re taking pictures an interview, borrow a second digicam to file from totally different angles. Or, movie some b-roll to use beneath voiceover.
7. Choose the appropriate video size
According to LinkedIn, probably the most profitable video adverts are lower than 15 seconds lengthy. But lengths can differ when it comes to LinkedIn native video. Here are some things to think about:
- For model consciousness and model consideration movies, LinkedIn recommends to maintain size beneath 30 seconds.
- Videos that meet upper-funnel advertising targets ought to stick to a 30-90 second video size.
- Opt for longer-form video to inform a model or product story. A LinkedIn study discovered that long-form video can drive as many clicks as short-form video if it efficient tells a extra advanced story.
- Don’t exceed 10 minutes. LinkedIn considers 10 minutes the casual cut-off level for video.
8. Close with a powerful name to motion
What would you like viewers to do after they’ve watched the video? Leave them with a transparent course. Here are some tips for writing CTAs.
9. Don’t overlook supporting copy
A recent study from Slidely discovered that 44 p.c of video viewers on Facebook learn caption textual content usually, and 45 p.c of viewers learn captions generally.
The similar seemingly goes for LinkedIn, so don’t miss this chance to describe your video or drive house a message. But maintain it brief and direct. We advocate 150 characters or fewer.
Adding LinkedIn hashtags and @ mentioning related corporations or members in your caption is a helpful means to improve attain and expose your video to extra viewers.
And don’t overlook to embrace a hyperlink, particularly if the purpose of the video is to drive visits to your web site or product web page. As a bonus, LinkedIn finds that posts with hyperlinks have a tendency to have 45 percent higher engagement than these with out one.
10. Use the phrase “video” for promotions
LinkedIn’s Video Ad Guide notes that promotional posts or emails that embrace the phrase video “can vastly increase the click-through rate.” If you’ve put within the effort to create a video, be certain to advertise—and use the key phrase.
11. Respond to feedback
If your video is participating sufficient, you’ll seemingly get some feedback out of your viewers. Don’t go away them hanging! Especially when you can reply to a query or present additional details about your business, the remark part is a good place to follow-through on on a regular basis and energy you’ve put into making your video — and ship the LinkedIn algorithm a sign that your video is creating good dialog within the feed.
Pro tip: Hootsuite customers can view and engage with LinkedIn movies and feedback from the identical dashboard they handle all their different social networks in, making certain a fast response time.
12 concepts for LinkedIn native video
Typically, most branded video content material on LinkedIn falls into 4 important classes: tradition, services, news, and occasions.
If you have got an organization weblog, you can even analyze your finest performing content material and think about the way it might be reworked right into a LinkedIn video.
1. Share firm news and updates
Changes to the board, new initiatives, acquisitions, partnerships, and extra are all fodder for video content material.
Example: Coca Cola firm news
2. Announce the launch of a brand new services or products
Use LinkedIn video to get prospects excited with an announcement of issues to come.
Example: MyTaxi metropolis launch
3. Take prospects behind-the-scenes
Show viewers the place the magic occurs. This is a good alternative to impress prospects with the ability, craftsmanship, or technology behind your operation. Or, showcase your tremendous cool workplace tradition.
Example: Lego Behind the Scenes
4. Offer an explainer
Instructional or academic movies are significantly helpful when you’re in an trade that makes use of sophisticated jargon or includes advanced understanding. See this as a chance to train your viewers one thing new.
Example: The World Bank for the African Green Revolution Forum – AGRF:
5. Preview an upcoming occasion
Looking to register extra attendees for an upcoming convention? Create a video information or spotlight among the causes they might need to enrol.
6. Provide insider protection of an trade occasion
Speaker highlights, product demos, and interviews can kind a profitable bundle of an occasion’s high moments.
Example: Pulse Africa
7. Introduce C-suite members
Position your organization as a thought chief with interviews that share the imaginative and prescient of govt crew members.
Example: Bill Gates
8. Tell a narrative with a case research
Testimonials are a good way to share how your services or products have helped prospects.
9. Let your prospects know what you stand for
Use LinkedIn video to let your shoppers, staff, and potential staff know what your organization stands for.
Example: Boeing Pride
10. Spotlight inspiring staff
Introduce prospects to the individuals who make issues occur.
Example: UN Women
11. Highlight the nice you’re doing
Videos about company social accountability initiatives can carry consideration to the social good your organization is doing, and extra importantly, to a superb trigger.
12. Share one thing enjoyable
If your organization will get talked about on Jeopardy, you type of have to share the video.
Manage your model’s LinkedIn presence the sensible means—use Hootsuite to schedule movies and updates, goal posts, have interaction with followers, and measure the impression of your efforts. Try it free at present.